Koknese park
Koknese park

The Koknese park was created in 1900, by the River Pērse estuary in Daugava.

The Koknese park features both local and foreign trees, as well as a wide variety of rare wild flowers.

The park is home to the Koknese medieval castle ruins, a renovated fountain ‘Faun’s head’, which in the 1930s used to be not far from the legendary flooded Pērse waterfall, which is now marked by J. Zihmanis stone sculpture ‘Pērse girl’ on the shore. There are several delightful wooden sculptures in the park, as well as a 11-metre wooden sculpture named ‘For eternity’, created by sculptor G. Burvis, and a tea house-gazebo. History buffs will appreciate the Celtic crosses and cast-iron cannons from Swedish times, as well as burial grounds of the people who died during WWII

 

IMG_8469.JPG


IMG_8464.JPG


IMG_8449.JPG
 

DSC08738.jpg


DSC08725.jpg

 


DSC08715.jpg


DSC08324.jpg


DSC08149.jpg

 


DSC03229.jpg

061_Pastaigas_Aktivitates_Kokneses_Parka_Ainars_014.jpg

 

061_Pastaigas_Aktivitates_Kokneses_Parka_Ainars_012.jpg

The_Bonus_Image_034.jpg

The_Bonus_Image_021.jpg

061_Pastaigas_Aktivitates_Kokneses_Parka_Ainars_003.jpg

 

061_Pastaigas_Aktivitates_Kokneses_Parka_Ainars_017_0.jpg